Curl PEI is hiring!
Curling Promotion Coordinator – Youth Position
This individual will help promote the sport of curling to help build membership through public events, marketing materials, and personal engagement with groups and individuals. This person will be expected to plan, organize, and track activities and travel across PEI.
- Assist with the scheduling of summer Street Curling events
- Assist with the production of marketing materials to be used during the various events
- Promote the sport of curling using Street Curling and Floor Curl equipment
- Provide basic curling instruction directly to the general public and children during various events
- Set up and tear down the display at each event
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Strong verbal communication
- Ability to organize, control and generate enthusiasm in a group of 20-30 children
- Ability to work independently
- Good organization and time management skills
- Experience teaching or coaching elementary aged children in a sport, camp, daycare, or school setting is an asset
- Experience delivering public presentations is an asset
- Knowledge of the sport of curling is an asset, but not a requirement
- Valid drivers license
- Access to a vehicle is required for this position
- Must travel to events across the Island (compensated for travel)
- Successful completion of a criminal record check (vulnerable sector) is required prior to starting employment
- Non-standard hours may be required
This is an 8-week position; 30 hours per week.
Applicants must be between 15-30 years of age and legally able to work in Canada.
Anticipated start date is June 24, 2019.
Applications accepted via email (email@example.com) until June 10.
Thank you to all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is supported by the federal government’s Canada Summer Jobs program.
Executive Director, Curl PEI