The Cornwall Curling Club is seeking a self-motivated individual to fulfill the role of Junior Coordinator. The Junior Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing the junior instructional program. This role will commence on October 23, 2021, and will end in April 2022 or until this agreement is terminated.
- Provide curling instruction to curlers ages 6 – 7 (Little Rockers) and ages 8-12 (Novice).
- Little Rockers Sessions take place Sundays 12:45 PM – 2:00 PM
- The Novice Instructional Program consists of TWO sessions per week — Sunday 12:45 PM to 2:00 PM and Tuesday 4:45 pm to 6 pm
- Club Coach certification
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to plan and implement curling lessons to young curlers
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with others
- Experience working with children
Compensation: – $22.50 per hour for approximately 3 hours weekly.
If this sounds like it would be a fit for you, please send an email describing how you meet the above qualifications and an outline of your coaching experience to the Cornwall Curling Club Board of Directors at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, October 19 at 5:00 PM.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Junior Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementation of the junior instructional program for the Cornwall Curling Club. This includes striving for member satisfaction, both within the junior membership and for all Cornwall Curling club members.
- Suggest plans for promotion and publicity, prior to the start of the season
- work with Board and manager to provide suggestions regarding times, dates and other program details
- provide suggestions for junior membership rates
- Review and update registration sheets and handouts regarding junior programs
- Establish an appropriate curriculum for Little Rockers and Novice curlers based on curriculum provided by Curling Canada.
- Attend registration for junior members and evaluate placement within the program based on age, skill and experience.
- Keep weekly attendance records of all junior instructional curlers, sharing information with Manager to ensure all curlers are registered.
- Plan and implement on-ice sessions for any learn to curl initiatives (Currently “Rocks to Rings” program)within the Cornwall Curling Club, relating to junior curlers
- Monitor junior program supplies (e.g. sliders, delivery devices)
- Be familiar with Curling Club calendar regarding necessary junior program cancellation due to scheduled events. Notify junior instructional curlers of same.
- Respond to written or verbal inquiries regarding the junior program, effectively addressing the expectations of parents or guardians
- Recruit volunteers, on-ice or off-ice, as needed, to assist with programs
- Work with the Board of Directors to secure sponsors for junior events which provide advertising opportunities for sponsors and benefits for the junior program (e.g. title sponsors, equipment, prizes).
- Work with Curl PEI and Junior Coordinators from other curling facilities to create or take advantage of opportunities for junior curlers.
- Plan a Junior curling funspiel ( usually U13) for Cornwall
- Assist junior instructional curlers with registration and/or formation of teams for events organized by other clubs or Curl PEI.
- Promote and assist with plans for and implementation of existing or new junior leagues
- Other duties as assigned by the manager in conjunction with the Board of Directors
This position is accountable to the Cornwall Curling Club Manager for the interpretation, application and fulfillment of their duties and responsibilities.
They will keep informed on changing curriculum and methods relating to the fulfillment of the job description.
They will establish and maintain an excellent climate of working relations both inside and outside the club
They will keep the manager informed of any matters that may affect member retention.