We are welcoming bookings for “Members Ice Time” for the week of January 17th to January 21st.
Please contact the club via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-566-4427.
Before booking, please review the terms and guidelines for ‘Members Ice Time’ as listed below.
Those booking the ‘Members’ Ice Time’ are responsible to ensure that all those in the group are abiding by the guidelines.
All members and family members will be required to sign a disclaimer before proceeding to the ice that states:
I declare by signing this form that I am:
- Curling with my “close contacts/steady ten” as defined by CPHO
- That I am not required to self-isolate.
- That I have no symptoms of COVID or any strains of COVID.
- That I have proven I am fully vaccinated and have provided ID.
All according to the current standards of our Provincial Government.
* this is a ‘steady’ 10 people and should not be 10 different people each day.
About Members Ice Times- Guidelines and Conditions:
“Members Ice Time” is a great way to get out of the house, get some exercise, and keep your ‘draws and takeouts’ intact!
You should also know:
- Our ‘retail’ operations (the Pro Shop) will be open at 50% capacity. The Pro Shop will be open from 12 noon to 8 pm, Monday to Friday
2. Our food and beverage operations will be available, at 50% capacity, from 12 noon to close, Monday to Friday. Enjoy a drink and a snack. Remember: masks must be worn at all times when not sitting AND eating or drinking. Social distancing rules are in effect.
- ‘Members Ice Time’ is available to members and any of those members who are in their “steady ten”(See book times below).
What times can I book “Members Ice Time”?
You can book “Members Ice Time” Monday to Friday, in one-hour blocks, at the following times:
10:00 am-11:00 am, 11:00 am-12 noon, 12:30 pm-1:30 pm, 1:30 pm-2:30 pm, 4:00 pm-5:00 pm, 5:00 pm-6:00 pm, 6:00 pm-7:00 pm, 7:00 pm-8:00 pm
It is the responsibility of the member who is booking ice to pass on information (below) to their “steady ten”.
Who can I share a sheet of ice with? You can book a sheet of ice independently, or you can book a group of 8 who are within your “steady ten”.
What does “steady ten mean? “Personal gatherings are limited to 10 people plus household members; this is a ‘steady’ 10 people and should not be 10 different people each day.” -CPHO https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/news/additional-public-health-measures-to-limit-the-number-of-contacts-31-new-cases-of-covid-19
Personal Gatherings: When you curl in a group of “up to 8” (as per our current club operations guidelines) during our ‘Members’ Ice Time’ with others (vs independently) it is considered a “personal gathering”, as defined by CPHO:
“Personal gatherings are limited to 10 people plus household members; this is a ‘steady’ 10 people and should not be 10 different people each day.” –CPHO
“Activities with steady 10 personal contacts permitted such as a family going bowling or curling (up to 10 individuals ) – recognizing the intent of the current measures is to minimize contacts”-CPHO
So basically CPHO (with the goal of public safety and “intent to minimize contacts”) would like you to pick ten people, in addition to your household, to spend time with at “personal gatherings” overall in life.
How that relates to curling:
As mentioned, curling with up to 8 curlers is considered a “personal gathering”. Who you curl with should be a part of your LIFE “steady ten”.
The intention of this guideline is to allow families or very close personal friends (that you have identified as your “steady ten” cohort in life) to share a sheet of ice.
“Activities with up to a steady 10 personal gathering limit permitted (e.g. family going bowling, or curling) – recognizing the intent of the current measures is to minimize contacts.” -CPHO
This initiative was implemented in an effort to offer our members an opportunity to stay active safely during these unusual times, and has been approved (based on conditions listed) by the CPHO and our Club Board of Directors.
The below conditions are mandatory:
*Each sheet can be booked for no more than 8 people in a group. You must provide names for all people in your group if not a family.
* Those in your group of 8 or less MUST be considered a “close contact/“a part of your steady 10” as defined by CPHO.
* Each booking will require that everyone in your group sign a disclaimer noting the following: that you are curling with what you have self-identified “close contacts / steady 10” according to the terms and definition of the office of the Chief Public Health Office. Along with a disclaimer that you do not have covid or covid-like symptoms, and that you are not required to self isolate for any reason. (This last point was on our CPHO contact tracing document last season as well).
* Sheets of ice will be booked in one-hour increments, however if there is no other booking behind you, your group may stay an extra hour.
*All curlers must social distance at all times.
* The club will maintain a 50% capacity to our posted capacity limit.
* We ask that curlers book during the times that they would normally curl. So if you usually curl from 10 am to 12 noon, that you book at that time, or, if you normally curl Tuesday evenings, that you book at this time. This will not be an absolute (and you can book other times), however, if you do book at a time when you would not normally curl, you may be “bumped” by someone who books that does curl at that time typically.
* We currently have 32 ice times a day with over 400 members to serve. There may be times when repeat weekly bookings may be asked to forfeit one of their times for another person or group so that this program can serve as much of our membership as possible.
* Given we have so many members who wish to access ice, we ask that members keep within their membership profiles and ice reservations.
*If cancelling please cancel as much in advance so the club has an opportunity to offer the ice time to someone else.
Please be kind and gentle with our staff as we move through these challenging times.
Thank you….. stay safe and take good care of each other.