The Club’s curling rocks are getting older and following their last reconditioning in 2015 we were told they would not be able to be reconditioned again. Thus we will need to replaced our rocks soon. Our Board of Directors is planning to secure rocks (and other capital expenditures) that we will need.
The Cornwall Curling Club Board of Directors initiated and approved a fundraising event to start putting money aside for new rocks. As the cost of curling rocks is exorbitant, we will need to raise funds annually.
This fundraiser is called the ROCKIN’ Raffle!
Each member will pay $30 at the time of registration (maximum of two booklets per family). On your first night of curling, you will receive a book of tickets. There will be 6 tickets per book which cost $5 each. You can then sell the tickets and make back the money you spent originally, or keep the tickets for yourself for your chance to WIN great cash prizes!
Cash Prizes will be:
$1000 for First Place
$500 for Second
$250 for Third
For our 2023-2024 season, all tickets must be returned to the Club by Monday, December 11th. The draw will be during the Ladder League on Wednesday, December 13th, 2023.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to send an email to email@example.com or contact any member of the Board of Directors*.
A Step-By-Step Review of the ROCK’IN Raffle:
- When registering you will be charged a mandatory fee of $30.00 at check out. (The fee will appear by the Curl PEI and Curling Canada fees, and be titled “Rockin’ Raffle.”)
- On your first day of curling you will be able to pick up your tickets at the Club.
- You can then choose to sell the tickets to your friends, families, co-workers, etc. to recover your $30.00. They will need to fill out the stub with their name and contact information, of which you will need to return to the club by closing time on Monday, December 11th for their chance to WIN OR you can write your name and contact information on them for your chance to WIN!
- The draw will be held on Wednesday, December 13th, during the Wednesday Evening Ladder League.
- After the prize payout is issued, and expenses posted, all the funds will be set aside in a separate account to purchase rocks as soon as we meet our funds raising goals for such.
As of the start of the 2023-2024 season we have raised $x,xxx toward the cost of new rocks!
*In the interest of privacy we no longer publish contact information for our board members online. Please reach out to the club for contact particulars if you do not have them. There will also be a Board contact information poster at the Club.